BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The LAB Miami is looking for an energetic, driven professional to lead the Business Development efforts for our Corporate Innovation initiative. As Business Development Manager, you will lead our growth efforts in this exciting new area. You will need to have sales experience and the ability to interact with senior corporate leaders. You will be responsible for all of our program promotion efforts, lead acquisition and conversion.
This is a great opportunity for you to use your commercial skills to take the LAB Miami to the next level. You have excellent communication and persuasion skills via e-mail, and especially over the phone; you are eloquent, well-spoken and convincing. You’re also results-oriented, positive, energetic and self-disciplined. You’re smart, analytical and ambitious. You do what needs to be done; you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals. You know how to motivate a team and are excited by seeing them succeed.
- 3-5 years corporate sales experience
- Experience setting up sales processes, implementing the necessary tools and systems
- Familiar with databasFe management and CRM systems
- Available to start ASAP
- Fluency in English & Spanish
- Start-up experience is highly desirable
- Market knowledge about the Executive Education and event sector will be a plus
- Set up sales processes;
- Generate leads, negotiate and close Corporate Innovation programs;
- Design PR and Marketing strategies;
- Build and analyze a sales budget and pipeline;
- Coordinate closely with event production staff;
- Help design new programs to expand our product offering;
- Step-up and fill-in any required role temporarily
Skills & Characteristics:
- Communication skills – ability to represent The LAB and its programs at the highest levels of large corporations;
- Collaborative selling – ability to listen and surface customer needs that they may not be able to articulate clearly;
- Negotiation skills – ability to create a dialogue and reach a mutually satisfying outcome, ability to close;
- Networking skills – ability to navigate social networks and get the right introductions, leverage new connections to make more new connections;
- Team player – you understand your role and how you fit within the corporate and entrepreneurial ecosystem, you work collaboratively with the rest of the organization
- Strategic – ability to understand both the macro and micro vision of The LAB Miami business, ability to envision new business opportunities;
- First hand StartUp experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company;
- You will learn everyday while working with a great organization with a family and entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- You will be surrounded by some of the greatest entrepreneurs in Miami;
- You will be based in Wynwood, the coolest neighborhood in Miami;
- Direct contact with the senior management team;
- Involvement in strategic decisions in the company;
- Quick growth & exposure to all areas of the business;
- Competitive salary and bonus opprtunity
Nice to Have:
Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship and innovation (previous jobs, conference attendance, blogs); Maintains a strong personal brand through a blend of social channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Tell us why you are the right person for the job + updated CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about The LAB Miami: www.thelabmiami.com.
And our Corporate Innovation programs: http://thelabmiami.com/blackops.